Thursday, July 26, 2012

2012 WV Mission Trip

Sorry, it has taken so long for me to post about our Youth Mission Trip to W.V.  There is so much that I could write about. And I probably will. If you get bored with my post, just close out. I have to remember that when I started this blog, it was to be a Family Scrapbook of sorts. As well as a place that I can brag on my Lord & Savior. I hope that one day, when I look back, I can see in writing what God has done and shown me in my life. So if this is more than you care to read. I understand. 

Oh my goodness!! What a weekend! God is sooo good. Prayers & more were answered. Thank you for those of you that prayed for our trip. He always goes above and beyond anything we think or imagine. 

First I want to thank the Lord for the opportunity He placed before me. I had no idea what He had in store for me. It was almost more than I could handle. My cup was so full it was overflowing. I just love that about Him. 

Now, I know there are some awesome Youth Groups out there, but I am going to thank God, not just for the youth that went, but for this WHOLE TEAM!!! You may see people, young and older, but I see hearts, lives and servants with compassionate hearts. I also see my husband, Bub, and Sis!


It is unbelievable that less than 4 hours away life is so different. Its like going back 50-60 years. In 2010, this county was 28th in the lowest poverty levels in the NATION!!! Over 90% of those that live there, are on welfare. There are drugs, alcohol and more that I can't even imagine. 

Brother Harold Ward needs your prayers! He has such a vision for The King's Closet, and just as other ministries have a vision, unfortunately in ministry, there's not enough money, workers, time, etc to complete each part of the vision. Along with that, when God is at work, satan digs his heels in and suppression is all around. In Brother Harold's words, he said, "for instance, if it should take me an hour to hang a door, it will probably take me three." And we saw that first hand when we arrived. We assessed what we had to do when we got there as far as cleaning everything before we unloaded. The toilets and the showers began backing up! Septic line issues( they found the line was busted by a bulldozer)during when they were moving dirt and leveling the area last week . So of course that took priority over some of the cleaning. One of our prayers was to get us out of our comfort zone, and B said, "digging a line with sewage, was not at all in his comfort zone", and I said, "God has such a sense of humor!"

A couple children were saved, PRAISE THE LORD, and many of us were changed. WOW, our youth, what workers!! They were awesome!! God used them as only he can do. Many were broken as never before. Bub was very broken. I have never seen him like that. It's one thing when I am broken,  but it just does something to a Mom & Dad to see their children so broken. (of course tenderhearted Sis was broken before we ever left ~ she has been there twice and has such a burden for those children). I am praying that Bub doesn't lose what God gave him this weekend. This is where my cup was so full!! Serving along side two of our children, God blessed us in a way I cannot put into words! 

Several of the youth that went are the ones that we take to our Children's Camp. And God knew that 19 days after this trip, they would be heading to camp. He knows what we need right when we need it. (as I write this...its 9 days!! )

Brother Harold has such brokenness for the people there. He cannot do it alone. They are so backwards and different there, they don't quite get their need for Jesus. Its very heartbreaking to see those that don't have a clue they are in desperate need of a Savior. Harold gives and does so much for these people, because that is what God has called him to do. He would give them the shirt of his back, yet, they would steal it before they would ask for it. UNREAL. And Harold, still continues and even says, I will do it until God calls me home. (He is 69 years old and works from sun up to sun down.) 

There is so much to do for the Kingdom of God, everywhere. We all need to be broken for the lost, whether we are in WV, our churches, or even at our jobs. We live in a lost and dying world, and when we look at it, we think that its just too much, its too hard, what little I could do, won't even matter. But, what we need to realize is that we can all do something, anything, we can pray, we can share the Word, we can give, we can live our lives out loud, we must get up off the pew and do something, anything for the glory of God!!! He gave his best for us, its way past time that we gave Him our best!!! 

If I could chose one thing that stood out to me the most in this trip, it would be that I do not pray for those in ministry enough. It doesn't matter whether its Brother Harold, my pastors, children & youth workers, ministry leaders, missionaries, local outreach, etc.  I need to cry out to the Lord on their behalf! satan wants nothing more than to defeat anyone that is working for HIS Kingdom and I have failed them by not praying the fervent  prayer of a righteous man! 

Here are some pix from our weekend.... Saturday was Kid's Day! These children are so precious! Just look at their sweet faces and pray that God will become real to them. 
Love this picture of Brother Harold!! 

This young lady LOVED Mr. B!! She told him that I was too old for him!! 
And I was standing RIGHT THERE!! 
And she also told him she thought he was in his 30's. 
Baaaahaaaaaaa!! FUNNY!!!  I will never live this down! 


Our Youth Pastor and friend!

Music time with Sis!
Yumm, snack time!


Craft time! 
Youth Pastor's better half...lol!!


Thank you all for the prayers, please pray for your Brother that God will send him exactly what he needs so that he can continue to do what God has called him to do!!



1 comment:

Sherry said...

Looks like a wonderful time in the Lord and doing His work! I love seeing children enjoying sharing God's love to others! Awww, that girl hitting on your man was too funny...and I think you look very young! :-)