Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Give Thanks Day 15

Ok, so I am running a day behind, I guess I can look at the positive side, I am still at this. When I first posted my Give Thanks post  I had my doubts about following through. So, a day late, better than not at all!!

Yesterday, I GAVE THANKS for my Bible Study Group and Women of Grace (Women's Ministry). What a blessing and a joy this group of women are to me!!  Our Bible study has been such a blessing to me. God has used it to point things out in my life and to challenge me to be different. (Hopefully, I will post another day about One In A Million). I have participated in most of the Bible Studies and this one was one of my top favorites!! Many women start and for whatever reason, do not finish. This one was different, there were very few that didn't and a few had family sicknesses and others had family obligations (Not thinking badly of anyone, just hang in there and finish it anyway, you don't want to miss what God has for you!!) The picture below is of most of the women that came to Bible study (well, one I know did sneak out, you know who you are, lol!!), these women are gracious, faithful, encouraging and will keep you accountable, pray for you and love you!! Our leader, Deidre is a blessing to us all and I appreciate her so very much! 

Love this group of women!! And so blessed that my baby girl is digging in God's Word, too!! (she's the second from the left on the bottom row) Deidre is the 3rd from the right n the bottom row, would you have guess that she set the camera timer and ran like the wind to get in her place. She's looking calm as if she had been sitting there the whole time!! 

Women of Grace is in its beginning stages and participation in this ministry is growing.  I am so excited to see what God is doing in the lives of women that I worship with and love!! There have been two events that I have gotten the opportunity to help plan and enjoy!!! There was a Fall Retreat and just last week the Thankful Breakfast. I have been so blessed by getting to help and to get to know other women in our church family! Please pray that God will continue to draw us closer to Him and to each other. Need some encouragement?? Come join us anytime you can!! You will be blessed!


Thank you Father for my Bible study group, and the Women of Grace. It is amazing to see you at work in the lives of so many women. I have needed something like this for a long time, and I thank you for the opportunity to be involved. Help me to be a help and an encouragement to my sisters in Christ. Help me to take you at your word and to be faithful and obedient in what you would have me do.




1 comment:

Deidre said...

I'm either high on migraine medicine or a tad emotional but that post made me cry. Cry like a baby. I love you!!!