Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Birthday!!

(Once again I have allowed months to go by without posting. This family scrapbook is going to have gaps..... but I didn't want today to get by without posting this...)





I met this sweet young mother, when she was 5 years old. Such a precious fun-loving Daddy's girl!! A couple years later I was blessed to marry her Daddy. One thing that I had in my heart for this little girl, was that I didn't want to treat her as I was treated by a couple of my step-mothers (yes, a couple). Being a step-parent isn't always easy, there is always another person to consider. I have the Lord to thank for giving me grace, forgiveness and love for the situation I was in. I knew before I married B, I would have to accept this situation as it was, for better or worse. It was not always easy, but I give HIM all the glory for working in my heart. When God gave me love for this child, it was for good... so I threw out the STEP a long time ago. She is my daughter. I don't think I could love her any more even if I had given birth to her.

(Me, my mother and my girls during a fun photo shoot in the Fall!)
http://pixbypaige.weebly.com  

She has grown up to be a loving, caring, wife and a great mother. She is still fun-loving and so very giving to her family, but also as a nurse she has such compassion for others. I love you sweet girl!!

I wrote about her here in a Thankful post in 2011.

Thank you Lord for your many blessings!!!


1 comment:

Sherry said...

This is so sweet, Piper! In all my reading of your posts, I have never even known that Am was not your biological daughter. You definitely treat her as your own, and I know that is reflection of your true heart. That is so inspiring! Happy Birthday to Amber!