Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hasta Pronto!

No, I am not taking Spanish...

Nor, am I closing my blog.....

And no, I am not taking a trip,

or a vacation from blogging. (I know, I post so sporadically who would know the difference?)



Ready to roll... and FLY!!!
Today I find it a little hard to swallow, my eyes seem to leak when I think about it, (do you know its hard to type and wipe tears at the same time??) my thoughts and prayers today are with my brother and his family. If you don't know what is going on with them read here and here. And today is the day they leave for Language school in Costa Rica.  As a matter of fact Charity posted on Facebook a few minutes ago that they are on their way to the airport.... :( As a matter of fact as I finished typing this they are at the airport!!


Scott called me last night to to talk to me and thank God I was able to hold myself together! I just wanted to give him to give me another big hug!!  On a post from Sunday, he said this is not goodbye, just hasta pronto!!! Which means they will see us soon! They will be there for a year, and then they will go to Venezuela for three years. 

Friends praying as they leave! It looks like a heart!! Isn't that the sweetest??!!!

 WOW... this has been a long journey for them in preparation for this day. I am so proud of him. And their excitement and happiness is so contagious! They have more faith than anyone could possibly explain. To read their mission story go here (talk about encouraging!! ) 

At the airport!

I can remember when this strong, Godly father of 5 was just a baby. He learned to say, "Sissy" and I can remember when he walked right into my arms. He is 10 years younger than I am, so I was probably more of a "momma" figure than a sister. I can remember when he got his license, when he got married, when he moved to Raleigh. He was always so special in my eyes & my heart! He is amazing, and God has great plans for him. So excited to hear how God uses them!!

10 footlockers, 7 suitcases, 7 carry-ons and 7 backpacks!

 Dear Scott, 

No words can express my love for you and your faithful heart. You inspire me in ways you cannot understand. I know that there have been miles between us, and there will even be more now, but you will forever remain close to my heart. I love you, and I am so thankful that you are my brother, not only by blood, but in Christ as well. Stand firm in your calling. Let not the enemy defeat you. 

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19 

Take care of you sweet family, give them all hugs and kisses for me. I cannot wait to see blog posts and Facebook posts (if even possible) and we look forward to Skype dates, lol! I pray that when you return for the short time before you leave for Venezuela, that my house can be really loud again!! 

Love you!! 

Hasta Pronto Hermanito!!



 

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow! What faith! I will be praying for your brother & his family.

Sherry said...

I am so sad for you, Piper, but I know you are so proud of your "baby" brother for his strong faith. The way you feel about your brother is the way I hope my boys feel about each other one day...both pride and love! God's blessings on their journey and work!

Unknown said...

Aww, your letter is beautiful. Bittersweet.