Thursday, December 1, 2011

Give Thanks Day 29


Ok, so I am behind again. I warned you in the beginning I may not be able to keep up. Another warning, this one may be long & boring. This one was a little more difficult to actually name. It is definitely more difficult to put into words.  We didn't get to do Thankful Time on Tuesday night (B & Bub were at a ballgame) and this one was one that I wanted needed all of them to hear.

So, we did two in one last night, for Tuesday, 
I gave thanks for DELIVERANCE (wasn't sure what else to call it, exactly)

I mentioned here (day 20) about a wilderness time in my life. This day was a little tougher because, by choosing this, I was going to become vulnerable in a way to my children and my husband. Why this even came up, why I even remember this date is beyond me??? At some point on Tuesday at work, I was working on Monday, (odd yes, but when you work in Accounting you usually work in the past) and I wrote 11/28. I stopped and thought, that was when I got married the first time. Hmm?? Did that really happen to me?? Didn't think that much of it until later when I was thinking about what I would be thankful for today?? ....confession, I can think of lots of things, you know, like chocolate, good hair days(those are rare for me), easy mornings, my children's laughter, you know the simple things in life..... but, I want the things that I put on our tree and that I am writing about to be meaningful. And God reminded me again about the date. "Yes, Lord that is something to be very THANKFUL for!! As my friend, Deidre, in her He Is On My Side,  post mentioned Psalm 124
If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say;
 If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
 Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
 Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
 Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
 Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
 Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

If it had not been the LORD that was on my side.... my life would not be as it is now. I thought, what if all that stuff hadn't happened and I was never delivered from that situation? I would not have my husband, my children, or anything that resembles my life now. I may have never found my way back to the Lord. I am so unworthy, but HE chose to never leave me, nor forsake me. He delivered me from the hand of the enemy. He delivered me from myself. He had a different plan for me (Jer. 29:11)!!  I praise HIM for His MERCY & His GRACE!! I have so much to thank HIM for!!

Oh, Heavenly Father, my heart has been so full since you reminded me of what you have done for me. I am thankful that I did not feel the guilt and shame as I once did when I thought of that journey that I chose to be on, away from you~ making my own choices with no regard for you or your ways. With victory, I can look back at that time in my life as ALL YOU. Your ways are not my ways and I praise YOU for that!! I think you allow me to remember that date, so that I can look back and remember how YOU delivered me! 

If it had not been the LORD that was on your side________???? 
How would you fill the blank??




1 comment:

Deidre said...

I love this. Remember how nervous and anxious I was about telling my girls. I thought about it for years. It really is true 'the more you tell your testimony, the easier it becomes'. Now, it's talked about around here like it's second nature - just a fact. Even the fact that they were walking around while I was filming my testimony is proof God worked it out. I love that you're vulnerable in front of your kids. They will be blessed by it. Love you!