Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Give Thanks Day 9

 
Today I want to give thanks for my job. It may not be the best job in the world, or exactly where I would like to be, but it is the job that God has given me. I know He has placed me there for now and I need to work as unto the Lord, taking every opportunity He gives me to point others to Him.
I want to look at things differently instead of griping and complaining as the Israelites did. Being watchful for things of God in the past several weeks along with this month intentionally looking at things throughout my day to be thankful for it is easier to see the good instead of the bad. I want to make a differnence for my family, my co-workers and my friends. I want to be the encourager, the influencer and not the one that drags them down or causes discouragement in their lives.
I know that is what I need in my life..... positive uplifting friends that will help me through this journey of life. Seasons come and seasons go as will happen in our lives. Being surrounded by others that love the Lord, and live differently than the world will help me through any season that I will face.    
For those of you that are my friends that may read this, please forgive me for the times I have been negative and for anything that I may have said to bring you down. We need each other to help keep our eyes focused on the prize. Help me when I can't seem to find my way. I am here for you if you need me for anything!
Heavenly Father, thank you for my job. There was a time that I didn't have a job and you provided this one, I thank you for that. It has provided for our family's needs and I pray you would help me continue to focus on the good. Thank you for loving me. Father, have your hand on my Daddy and the surgeon's tomorrow.
Is there negativity that has you down or discouraged? What is something intentional that you can do to turn it into the positive?
Hang in there, Friday is almost here!!!
Piper :)

2 comments:

Lisa Maria said...

Hello Piper, visiting from TT. This was a touching and uplifting post. My husband doesn't enjoy his job anymore either and I know how tough it can be to hang in there. We do keep thanking God for his job though, because, like you, he had been without a job for 6 months before he got this one.

Praying that God continues to give you strength and if it is His will He will move you... in His timing.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

I pray God gives you something else you will enjoy. It is tough to be somewhere just hanging in there....

http://nancyogengayouree.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/30-days-of-being-thankful-challenge/