Saturday, November 26, 2011

Give Thanks Day 25


Yesterday, I GAVE THANKS for ML. ML is Sis's boyfriend. Why would I give thanks for him? Well, he is a great guy and he makes Sis smile :). He seems to adore her and puts her before himself. Even though Dad doesn't like the fact there is another male in her life, he seems to tolerate him. lol!! He has such a heart for the Lord and he is a special young man. He wants to follow God's will for his life and that says A LOT for a guy his age. 

They have known one another since kindergarten and they have been friends for a long time. I can remember when Sis was in 5th grade (you know, when boys have cooties and they are really gross) she would come home and tell me she wished that ML and some other boys would leave her alone. I said, they just like you. She says, "well they can stop, cause I DO NOT like them." I said,"well one day you will" And she said, "NO WAY!!" (I wouldn't argue, cause Mom knows...)


As they got older they remained friends through middle school and high school. During their Senior year they began to get closer and he asked her to the Prom. From then on its been a sweet story. They didn't start dating til right before graduation, and the summer flew by. In August, he left for college almost 2 hours away. It has been tough on them, but he makes his way home pretty regularly. 

I don't know what God has planned for them and I just pray that each will keep God first in their lives. 

Throughout Sis's life we have prayed for her and that God would bring Godly friends into her life and ML is definitely one that God has placed in her life.  I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow! 

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for ML. Thank you for bringing him into Sis' life. I don't know what the future holds for them, but You do. I pray that You are always in the center of their relationship and that they will keep focus on you. Thank you for working in his life at a young age and for his walk with you. Continue to work in his life. 

No comments: