Thursday, November 17, 2011

Give Thanks Day 16

So, maybe I will stay a day behind, it looks that way.
Anyway, yesterday I GAVE THANKS for Opportunies to Serve HIM.
 
GOD is showing me and confirming a lot of things in my life. I work full time, but my role as wife and mother are the most important things in my life. We just finished up One In A Millon Bible Study Tuesday night and one day's discussion was on the topic of what does God have us doing right now that doesn't seem worthwhile for Him? Well, laundry is on the top of that list!!! Several things are on that list.
 
 
BUT, God has shown me through this Bible study that all tasks are necessary that He leads us to. Some may think less of themselves when others are called to do what we think is greater or cooler than what we have been called to do. BUT GOD has shown me how very important my ministry as a wife & a mother are. Yes, those are ministries and if I neglect being my husband's helpmate and serving him and I neglect my responsibilities in raising my children and serving them, then I am not being obedient to the Lord.  Those are the most important things God has placed before me. Everything else must come after those.... Children's ministry, my job, co-workers, Women's ministry, etc.... are all good things and if we consider accepting the things God has placed in our hands right now and doing those as unto HIM. With that list of things, why would I ask God, what is your will for me? What would you have me do? Hmm, I know what it is and I need to remember what He has entrusted me with and be obedient!! 
 
Can you just imagine Him saying, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: "thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Matthew 25:21 Now, I am to jump in there and do that laundry, and as I am folding it I will pray for whoever's underwear I have in my hand!!!
 
Father thank you for the opportunities you have give me to serve you. Please forgive me for not accepting my role as wife and mother as a ministry. Please forgive me for not thinking that I am doing big things for you. You call Christians to do hard things, and some things don't seem very hard, or exciting or pleasant. Please forgive my disobedience and my searching for what's next. You have blessed me with so many opportunities to interact with my family, my friends, children, women and people I don't even know. Thank you for reminding me that you have me right where you want me..... I just need to focus on You and you will help me do the rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoing all of your thankful blogs. God has really had to teach me about wife and mother roles as being part of my ministry.
I have fought these roles, thinking I could be doing something bigger and better. I now realize that these roles are most important. I am touching all of their lives in ways I sometimes cannot see. I am living intentional too.

Love you,
Kim

Elaine said...

I love, love, love the spin you just put on laundry!