Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team : Verse 21!!!

I cannot believe that I have made this far.... I am still struggling with some of my verses but I am sooo thankful that the Lord has helped me remember what I have so far. I have been slack at times, yet when I pick my spiral back up, I am amazed at what God has helped me hide in my heart.

Keeping in the mindset of my month to "Give Thanks" verse #21 is

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I really want & need to focus on the "every thing" part, this is tough. I am in the midst of a wilderness and a tough season in my life. Unfortunately, my day didn't exactly start as I had hoped. I wanted my attitude to be different, when I woke up I was trying to decide what I would be thankful for on Day One (I have soooo much to be thankful for!!), so I chose to focus on the "good" and then a text upset my drive to work. I allowed something trivial to upset me and my day. Isn't that just like the Israelites, to begin griping and complaining the minute something doesn't go their way?? I am such and Israelite! I think my new nickname will be Issy! Lol!

So not only am I going to learn this verse, I am on a mission to GIVE THANKS in EVERY THING, yes, I know, even in the wilderness seasons of my life! Pray for me ok!!???

Piper :)

No comments: