Wednesday, October 19, 2011

SSMT Verse (s) Oops I am behind!!

I realized that I haven't posted # 19 or #20 on here...... Most verses that I am memorizing are picked by God... from things that He is showing me in my life, or a word that has gotten me through the day, or one that I bring reference to but just don't "know" it.....

SSMT Verse # 19
Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
I was led to this verse because I do bring reference to it a lot. In the text of He knows the desires of my heart. I said it when I was praying with someone and the Lord made a point to remind me of my words. I needed to look into this more. Yes, He does know the desires of my heart, and yours too, but it also says, "Delight thyself also in the Lord." I must delight myself in Him, I must be focused, seeking, and allowing Him to guide me. Not allowing the world to have me looking to selfish desires. When I am delighting myself in Him. My desires do not look like the stuff of this world, but they are more of things of the Lord and His ways. 

 SSMT Verse # 20
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill and to destroy. I am come that they (me) might have life, and that they (me) might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

For those of you that are in Bible Study with me right now, (One In A Million - Priscilla Shirer) this one probably sounds familier. So far I have a love/hate relationship with this study. God is showing me things that I would just rather not deal with right now. Fleshly me wants to put it down and never pick it back up. I told D I have wanted to quit 25 times.  The other part wants to dig in more & more so I can finally have that abundant life. I know that I struggle with lots of things and He is making me admit to each one, and commit to doing something about them. Easy, NOPE. Necessary? YES, if I am going to ever have that abundant life He promises. I have this on a sticky note attached to my computer...

"Do I want to stay where I am or do I want to have
the abundant life that He wants for me?

How about you? Are you living that abundant life? Do you even know what that looks like? Do you want to find out? I am not there yet, but I am definitely closer than I was a couple weeks ago!!

Until next time!!!

Piper :)

No comments: