Friday, March 1, 2013

JOY! Good Morning Friday!


Don't know about you but, I am ready for the weekend. This week has seemed to drag on. Although, time does fly by too quickly, I am ready for this week to be  over.  This week we have had more rain, and more cold. It just makes me feel blah! I know some of you may think I am a whiner, because 43 degrees isn't the slightest bit cold to some of you. And I know that all this whining doesn't sound like JOY! But, I am ready for some SUNSHINE and some warm Spring days. And the fact that BASEBALL SEASON is in full swing for this awesome teenager......


 cold + baseball game = big coats, gloves, blankets. Which equals too cold for baseball!!! Today's forecast is mostly cloudy and the high is 48. By the time the game is over it will be dark and colder. Brrr!! Go ahead, call me a whiner....cause I am! HA!! 

 Thinking about Bub and baseball. This time last year he had broken his thumb during the first game. And was out for about half the season. While it was tough on him, it was a great learning experience for him. 

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but its the Lord's purpose that prevails". Proverbs 19:21

He clung to that verse, and even today, he knows that God has a purpose and a plan for his life. Makes my heart smile to know that he has God's word in his heart. I look at this man child and wonder what happened to the funny, rough and tumble little boy that was our families entertainment?? Now, he is a sophomore in high school and days are fleeting. He will be 16 next month!! YIKES!! Two years from now he will be three months from graduating. :(  I am tearing up just thinking about it!!
He was 8 or 9 in this picture.

Freshman Year
Thank you Lord for your many blessings! Thank you for the rain, I know we need it, but I could really do without the mud, lol! Thank you for the opportunity to raise this man child that sometimes wears me out. But, he is a great reminder of how I must wear you out as well. Thank you for the JOY you have given me in the gifts of my children. Give me grace and mercy that I may extend to my children as they grow up. Keep your hand of protection on my children. May they cling to your word, and may they desire to focus on you and the plans you have for them. Help me to clothe myself with kindness, compassion, humility, gentleness and patience!
In Jesus Precious Name.

No comments: