Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Content ~ Fighting the Battle



We are right in the middle of the Bible study - No Other Gods  by Kelly Minter. God is showing me things throughout my day that are little "gods" in my life. One thing that I loved about our discussion on Monday, was battling lies with scripture. The enemy has placed so many lies and untruths in my life and I tend to dwell in the depth of a pit he wants me to wallow in. 

I want truth, don't you? 

And why wouldn't we want truth?

Truth is so much better than the deceitful ways of our enemy. He is at every turn, do not fall for the mess he throws at you. God has warned us in His word that the enemy is seeking to devour us, and our Heavenly Father has given us truth that He will never leave us, we are so much more than satan says we are. In order to battle the enemy we must STAND on HIS WORD and proclaim truth! Put on our whole armor every day, and when we slip out of part of our armor, the enemy will attack when we least expect it. 


On Monday morning, I was reading a devotion, and of course God placed it to confirm our lesson from Sunday School Sunday morning.  A side note read:

"This is war. You are right in the middle of it. And choosing sides is going to be an everyday battle."

Hmm, isn't this the truth??!!

In my yearlong quest to be content. God has shown me so much. There are things that He has shown me, that I seem to know.... yet, I struggle in some of those very areas. Some of them I have seemed to struggle for years in the same place. Other times, I thought I had gotten victory over them, only for them to resurface and then guilt sets in. Another part of being content, is realizing that I must remain prepared for battle. I must make choices based on God's Word. I must live my life as unto the Lord. I cannot fall for the enemy's attempts to choke me. I must be armed with God's Word at every turn. May I use His Word to encourage and help point others to Him. I know that God has more to show me about this Word He has given me for 2012, and as I learn what He wants may I use it for His Glory!!  

In some recent events, I have seen just how evil the enemy is, tearing families apart, filling minds with lies and deceit, corrupting lives at every turn and robbing us of more than we even know. As Christians we must know that we have the power within us to fight! And I know when I can't fight, the LORD will fight for me!!

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and 
having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to 
quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:10-18     

No comments: