Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Be Still....

I am so honored and excited to have the opportunity to attend our Women's Retreat this coming weekend. I not only get to attend, but I also have the honor of helping. I feel so unworthy that God would use me to help with Women's Ministry. I have been preparing the music for the retreat, and as I type this tears are pouring. I asked the Lord to point me to the songs that would speak to hearts, that would go along with the theme of the retreat.... which is on


If you have followed my blog at all, you will know that my life is full, crazy busy at times, overwhelming, and that can tend to be anxious over many things. I know for sure that this is going to be for me. Weeks before Deidre told me what the theme was, God had already been giving me scripture, devotions, messages all pointing to focusing on Him, resting in Him, trusting Him. Not just physical rest (which I could most def use), but a true "touch from God" spiritual rest. Resting in who He is and not in the things of this world. Tonight as I listened, really listened to the words of some of the songs, I was still enough to get a glimpse of what is to come this weekend. He showed me that I need to prepare my heart for what He has for me between now and Friday. I will share a few of the songs that have spoken to me throughout this week. I pray you too, will take a couple minutes and be still before Him to find some rest as you allow God to use the songs to speak to you. Pray for our leader, Deidre, a precious friend and sister in Christ as she gives us what God has so graciously given her to share! I am so thankful for her!! Pray for the other women as they too get a way for a couple days to focus on our Heavenly Father.  



No comments: