Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Flashback!

I know that is is Oh So Random...lol!!

But the past couple of weeks in Bible Study Homework
I have been answering questions about my life broken into 5ths.... I won't tell you how many years are in a 5th of my life, although you make be able to figure out my age by the pictures I am about to post.

I will have to say that digging deep into my past and answering some of those questions, have been extremely hard. One day, maybe I will post about it, but for now I will just say.....

If it had not been the Lord...... (Psalm 124)

In Bible Study the other night, we were given a template to write a poem about ourselves. (Thanks a lot, D!!) And it started when I was born.... And thinking back to the things I played with when I was a little girl. Here are a few things that I could remember, and actually find a picture of.

   
Mrs. Beasley from Family Affair
If my memory serves me correctly, mine was actually red or pink....it had a picture in the lid...but I can't remember!!



For those of you that are Spring Chickens - that is a 45 record player in a box!! You could carry it around like a Walkman, BUT you could only walk as far as the electrical cord would reach!! Lol!!

I bet I played this song a million times.... I am sure my mother was ready to throw that 45 OUT THE WINDOW with me right behind it. Come to think of it, I wonder what happened to it??


Boy that was annoying!!!! Please tell me you DIDN"T listen to the whole thing.
These look exactly like mine!!! I wonder how many miles I skated??
A long time ago...what fun to look back and remember the little things.......I find it strange at some of the things that I remember!

What do you remember playing with as a child?


2 comments:

Elaine said...

I loved this random post =)

Deidre said...

Umm ... Mrs. Beasley?

I do remember the 45s. My parents had SO many. I loved to play them. I had a record player just like that. It was light blue.

I also had skates like that but with blue wheels and blue pom poms. I was an EXCELLENT SKATER - HAHA.