Another week has flown by and I haven't posted. I don't know about you, but it sure doesn't feel like Christmas..... its been very warm. Average temps here, 60ish, I am not complaining because I am not very fond of COLD.... the decorations are out, Santa is at the mall and most of my shopping is done (much better than last year at this time!!) Oh and I am soooo excited that I actually have some wrapped presents under my tree before Christmas Eve!! You are probably thinking, CHRISTMAS EVE!!??? Cause you probably have yourself all together, have had shopping done since September, and all you gifts wrapped before you put up your tree. Well, don't fret, cause the past few years, well.... that's just how I roll.
SO LAST MINUTE.....yes that's me.
|I know, I know!!!|
Every year I vow to do better next year, and usually I am still
I had different plans for the days leading up to Christmas, I wanted
- to be more intentional about my family focusing on Christ's birth
- the gifts to be more personal
- to perform R.A.K.ing (random acts of kindness people!! cause I definitely do not rake!)
- to spend more time with my family
- to make some "pint*resting" stuff (Pint*rest a NEW obsession)
- to be more crafty
- to make Christmas goodies (especially chocolate covered cherries for my hubby)
- to go to Billy Graham L*brary.....today is the last day, :(
- to do many other things differently (I could go on & on but I don't have much time to post)
- to post all about this month & Christmas so that one day my children could look back and remember....lol!
Something that I have been thinking about this season, my husband said to me when we were getting Angel Tree stuff together, "Why is it we (& others) only help people out at Christmas? Shouldn't we make it a point to help them all through the year?"
Yes, we should..... we need to be more intentional about making a difference in others lives. At least I know I do.
God has blessed me this month, with laying children, and several families on my heart. I couldn't have helped them very much on my own, but with the hearts of our church family, my co-workers, and even my daughter, we were all able to make a difference this Christmas in many lives. One said to me, "thank you", I said, "I didn't do all this" and he said, "without a willing vessel, nothing is accomplished, without your obedience, my children would not have anything for Christmas."
Oh, (tear) I never even thought of it that way. How many times have I missed what God what leading me to do?? I am on the lookout for opportunities He places before me. How about you??
In case I don't make it back on here, may each of you that stop in to see what a mess I am, have a Merry Christmas.... May Christ be your focus and enjoy your time with your families! Take every opportunity to share the love of Christ, the New Born King this Christmas!! He came that we may have life! He came to change the world!!