Thursday, December 8, 2011

2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team: Verse 23!


Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5


#23!! I cannot believe that I have made it this far... sometimes I start off well, and then before halfway I sorta just fizzle out! I started this the last time and I made it through 4-5 months. Oh, don't think that I have been strong, throughout the 22 verses, oh, I usually have my verse ready the day or so before or after.... ;). And, I have struggled with some of the verses, yet I falter and fail to study and memorize as I should, because BAM! The 1st or the 15th rolls around VERY quickly, so I have gotten behind more than once, but I am determined to finish this out. Not so I can say I did, because with every verse I have learned this year, I have been able to share with someone, just when they needed it, as well as apply it to what was going on in my life at the time. So many of what God has placed on me to learn, have been scriptures I draw from, I may not have known the entire verse, or where to find them in His Word. I use some of them daily. I don't want to stop when this is over, I want to continue to hide his word in my heart, so that when I need Him the most, His word will be alive and springing forth in my life!

Each verse that God has given me along the way, has been one that was speaking to me at the time. This verse is no different...... part of this verse is one that I use a lot. "He will never leave me nor forsake me" But, had I ever really looked or considered the rest of this verse. Lately the word CONTENT has been before me over & over. I know that God has something for me. I am a little  hardheaded sometimes, so it takes me a few 100 times or so to hear or see that He is trying to get my attention. I have started looking at scripture concerning "content". I know there is a lesson in this somewhere for me. I may post more later on when I find exactly what God is doing.

So far, He has shown me a couple things about the word CONTENT:

  • Many times I get content right where I am.... afraid to step out of my comfort zone. Do you like to leave the comfort of where you are? I shouldn't be content with where I am in my relationship with HIM. I need to be about the Father's business in everything I do! 
  • On the otherhand, "and be content with such things as ye have:"  (gulp)  My newest obsessions hobbies are Pinterest and decor/crafty blog stalking hopping. Ohhh, I love, love some of that stuff, and I would love to be able to do what they do, or have what they have...... "be without covetousness" starts ringing in my head....one day I even saw the word content on Pin*erest. Oh, I part of me would love to have things, and another part of me sees that "I wish I was like her". She has it all together, I wish I could be bold like her, I want this or that..... or to be someone else..... (keeping it real here) 
 And then a gentle reminder last Sunday, when our Pastor said, "You were created to be you" Read a precious sister's post  I Just Need to Be Me. I know that being content and being me is something I need to work on and this verse should be my "go to" when I am struggling with contentment with who I am and what I have!!

Are you content where you are?? With who you are? What you have? What verse do you use to direct you back to HIM instead of the things of this world?

Striving for contentment in HIM,

Piper :)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that God made you apart of my life. Thank you for your funny/great blog. I love your honesty. I know God just wants to keep us all working toward him. The enemy makes me sooo mad. Trying to trip us up. I love the fact that you don't quit!!! I love the fact that whatever it is that you are working on you keep at it :)

Love you!!!!
Kim