Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks Day 23

Yesterday I GAVE THANKS for answered prayers. You may ask, what about the ones He hasn't answered yet, or the ones that He said, "No" too, or the ones He said, "wait". Oh, yes I am thanking Him for those too. Looking back on my life a lot of my prayers were "in the now". You know the ones that are for whatever moment we are having right then. They are the prayers that are the ones that are more of a "wish" than a prayer. Our Heavenly Father is not a Magic Genie and that's not how He works. And I am soooo grateful for that. Seriously, if that was the case, my control issues would be more of a problem than they are now, lol!! Ok, today maybe I would be taller, skinnier, prettier, and bad hair days would be long gone. I would not have any issues, I would not complain over the little things, I wouldn't worry about my children cause they would be perfect, etc. Do you follow me?? I think of the song by Garth Brooks, (back in the day, I was a huge Garth fan) Unanswered Prayers, and I think of the things I prayed for as a teenager and young adult.
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
If He had answered those prayers, then I would not be where I am right now, my family would not be as it is..... I thank God for answering those prayers HIS way, not mine. I am blessed beyond measure!! Thank you Lord!!
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

Thank you Father for your many blessings on me!!!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love this! I may have to borrow it in the next day or so! ;) Like you, I am so thankful that He didn't answer all of my prayers...This really spoke to me! What a huge blessing which we often overlook.